10 Reasons Why “Middle Age” is the Best Phase of Life!
By John Teng
1. Middle aged people are most likely to be married, or at least involved in a serious, mature relationship, which means that they have access to a confidant with whom they can experience the joys, and navigate the storms, of life together. Loneliness really sucks!
2. Statistics have shown that married people report having better sex and more sex than their single counterparts, which might stem in part to the close relationship of trust that is built from reason #1 above.
3. Time for friends and socializing is scarcer now, but quality can trump quantity. No, you don’t have time anymore to hang out all night every weekend with the buds, but now you can most likely afford to plan more elaborate adventure getaways with the gang, if even just for a few days a year- think exotic race car driving experience in Las Vegas, or a surfing adventure to the Maldives Islands… you call it, you got it!
4. You are now more focused in life. Your younger self recklessly expended a lot of energy where it didn’t count. But now you’ve been around the block (at least once) and you now know what your strengths and weaknesses are. And if you choose wisely, you can now laser focus your strengths and energy to get what you want out of life.
5. This demographic will most likely make more money during this phase of their lives than during any other time period, before or afterwards. And with more disposable income, comes many more exciting opportunities to experience the “finer” things that life has to offer!
6. You have emerged as an influencer among your peers. Whether it is within your own family circle, your workplace, your community, in the political arena, or your religious congregation (or all of the above); and when you speak, people listen.
7. You can afford to delegate non-essential tasks to other people. Pay the gardener to mow your lawn, hire a detailer to wash your car, and now you just freed up 3 hours on the weekend to spend more quality time where it will count the most- with your loved ones.
8. Even high performance race cars need tune ups, so why not you as well? You have financial access to an army of service providers waiting to help you look and feel better. Losing your hair? Get a transplant. Getting a gut? Hire a Personal Trainer. Suffering from unresolved personal issues? Hire a competent therapist. In fact, even Olympic-level athletes can still compete in middle age, and WIN against their much younger competitors, with the help of trainers, massage therapists, dieticians, etc. So use the resources that are available to help you look and feel at the top of your game!
9. You are no longer the “One Trick Pony” that you were when you finally held that graduation diploma in your hands, which would define how you were going to refer to yourself, and where you were going to be spending most of your time for the next few years. Instead of just saying “I’m an accountant,” you might now also add “father,” “mother,” “husband,” “wife,” “aunt,” “uncle,” “taxi driver,” or “little league coach” to your growing list of titles. And all of these additional life experiences make you that much more interesting of a person to hang out with!
10. Considering the fact that we must all share a complicated world full of wars, conflicts, and natural disasters, consider yourself extremely blessed if you even get the privilege to live long enough to experience and enjoy your own middle age years. So enjoy these exciting years to their fullest; you have so many reasons!
You Might Also Like
Your career is one of the ways you... Read more