MidlifeMagazine.com Tech Specs
ALL CREATIVE ASSETS MUST BE SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
midlifemagazine.com reserves the right to reject creative and/or request revisions to creative as it pertains
to content or how they affect page load and layout.
- Rich Media, skins and/or site served flash must be received within 5 business days prior to start date.
- Standard gif/jpg, INRED, Iframe and Javasript tags must be received within 3 Business Days prior to start date.
- For all ad units being created by Midlife Magazine, assets must be received within 3 weeks prior to start date
|standard ad type||dimensions||specifications|
|Vertical banner||120 X 240||
|Medium rectangle||300 X 250||
|Vertical rectangle||240 X 400||
|Square pop-up||250 X 250||
|Half-page ad||300 X 600||
|Wide skyscraper||160 X 600||
|skyscraper||120 X 600||
|Large rectangle||336 X 280||
RICH MEDIA REQUIREMENTS:
accepted vendors: Atlas, DoubleClick, Media Mind, Interpolls, EyeWonder, Pointroll, Spongecell and Unicast.
not accepted vendors: Flashtalking will test all others for acceptance on a case-by-case basis
ad types not accepted: Floating, Popup/Under, AutoExpanding & AutoSound ads
- All ad expansion must be user initiated and must be the same action to collapse as it was to expand. Ads will be rejected that do not adhere to this guideline.
- Panels must have a visible close button (X CLOSE) 100% of the time located within the expanded panel. Font:16 pt; Location: On Edge of Original (non-expanded/expanded) unit
- Audio/Video may only be within the expanded panel and may play automatically. Stop/Mute and Start buttons are required.
CUSTOM AD UNITS/SLIDESHOWS/PAGES:
Please FTP the below assets for ALL customizations:
- Style Guide
- Product Shots
- 1x1 3rd Party Tracking
VIDEO IN-PAGE BANNER ADS:
- 40k Initial load and up to 100k streaming.
1MB Video File size max
- Audio must be user initiated via click with same
action to stop as it was to play (click to play/click to stop). Stop/Mute and Start buttons are required.
- Video cannot loop more than one time and cannot exceed 30 seconds total animation.
FLASH CLICK THROUGH INSTRUCTIONS:
All Flash files must use the ClickTag variable as opposed to hard coding a URL. Please note this example below and instruction: Add an invisible button making the entire area of the banners clickable.
Attach the following object action to the button:
getURL (clickTag, “”_blank””);
This will embed the clickTag (case sensitive) variable in the FLA file. This allows the click-through URL to be modified at any time during a campaign, as opposed to hard-coding the click command in the .swf file.
Target=”_blank” is required as the “Window” field’s option when setting the getURL action (“Expression” unchecked).