Take the Centenarian Quiz!
Everyone wants to live as long as they possibly can and spend as much time as they can with their family and friends on this earth. Many people have a goal to live to the ripe age of 100, to become a Centenarian. This is not an unachievable goal. In 1998 there was a total of 135,000 people throughout the world that were 100 years old and the number has kept growing over the years. Why? People have gotten smarter. This quiz is designed to ask you a series of questions about mental, physical, and emotional health to help gauge if your decisions are more likely to help you live to 100 or hinder your progress.
- What is your preferred afternoon snack?
- A few handfuls of nuts and a few bites of cheese.
- An apple or other piece of fruit.
- A bag of chips or other type of prepackaged snack.
- What is your opinion of smoking cigarettes?
- I have never tried smoking and I will not, due to the health risks associated with it.
- I’ve tried smoking once or twice when I was younger.
- I do not really see a big deal with smoking. I do it a lot, and nothing bad has happened yet.
- What is your opinion on vaccines (such as the tetanus shot)
- It is important to get your vaccines and boosters every year.
- It is important to get certain vaccines, but not all of them are that important.
- I hardly ever get vaccines as they really aren’t that important.
- Which sounds more like you when it comes to technology?
- I like to be updated about the newest technologies.
- I try to follow technology but I am ok not knowing everything and being a few steps behind.
- I really do not care about the newest technologies. In fact I think new many of the newest technologies are not needed.
- What sounds like a good weekend activity?
- Dancing. I love how I can express myself and also the exercise that I get.
- Reading. It may not be the most physical activity, but it stimulates the mind.
- Watching my favorite TV show. It’s true entertainment and I do not have much else I could do anyway!
- Do you take a multivitamin every day?
- I try but sometimes I forget.
- I do not see the need.
- If you had a choice, which fruit would you prefer?
- Oranges; a great source of vitamin C.
- Strawberries; they are delicious and have some health benefits.
- I’m not a big fan of eating fruit, but I will eat most types if they are put in front of me.
- How important is having an open mind and learning new things to you?
- Very important! Learning is part of the beauty of being alive!
- I like learning but not every day. Learning is organic and should not be forced.
- I do not really have an opinion. Is learning really that important to everyday life?
- What is the relationship with your doctor like?
- I think we have a very good relationship and I can be completely honest with them when it comes to my health issues.
- I sometimes feel judged by my doctor so I probably do not tell them everything I should, but I still think the relationship is decent.
- I do not really go to the doctor. I am too busy and it’s just annoying. I really don’t have a relationship with a doctor.
- What is your opinion of your body?
- Things aren’t perfect but I have come to love myself over the years, even my imperfections.
- I stills sometimes struggle with self-hate.
- I do not like my body, but I have accepted that this is what I look like.
Mostly A’s: You have a great chance of living to be 100! You are making good choices with your food and activities. Keep doing what you are doing and as you age you will be healthy and able to do much more than you ever expected. Never give up physical activity, eat what you know is healthy, and keep a great relationship with the people in your life.
Mostly B’s: You seem to know about physical, mental, and emotional health and you seem to be trying to take steps to make yourself better. However, you are still struggling. Seek some more health information and guidance from experts who can help you improve in this area. You are on your way to living a long and happy life.
Mostly C’s: Your chances of living to 100 are not as high as they could be… Your activities are nowhere near physical enough to maintain a healthy body and your food choices are only going to hurt you as you age. Although it might be more difficult, it is not impossible, so do your best to change your frame of mind. Maybe find a friend or relative who will be willing to change their habits with you to give you a sense of accountability.
You Might Also Like
Your career is one of the ways you... Read more